Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Picks


Hello there! This is going to be my make up picks (does not necessarily be my favorite products, just some products that I have currently been using) at the moment ...


... let's start with the base ...


I am currently LOVING this combination!
I usually apply primer on my T zone (forehead, nose, and chin). I mix the BB cream with my foundation then apply it all over my face with my hands.

The primer give a pearly/dewy finish NOT oily and yet holds my make up throughout the day. The picture below shows how the primer consist of very fine silver iridescence. 

Why do I have 2 of the same foundations?! At the beginning I bought shade #4, but it is too dark, so I bought the shade #3, still too dark (I think shade #3 is the perfect color for me, but I like to look PALE, even though I have very medium skin tone) so I decide to mix the foundation with the BRTC BB cream which is even lighter.

In addition, I really like mixing the BB cream because it has a really thick consistency that gives more coverage to my acne scarring.

The Primer, BRTC BB cream, Foundation Shade #3, and #4
I really love these foundations because, to me, it is really light - I don't even feel like I am wearing foundation - and it gives a good coverage. It stays on throughout the day (maybe with the help of the primer too). I start wearing my make up from 7am to about 6pm. I should say that the foundation is not water resistance and TRANSFERABLE! I accidentally stain my white shirt! But overall I am very happy with these babies especially on the hot summer days. Will repurchase. Will recommend to people with OILY skin.

... moving on ...


I am sure I mentioned YSL touch eclat before! I LOVE this thing! It is the best under eye HIGHLIGHTER (not concealer). It really brighten (not cover) the under eye area. Will repurchase (in fact, I already have a backup). Will recommend to people that have light dark circle.

I dont really use the YSL stick concealer unless I have a major spot that need to be cover, but usually with an extra layer of BB cream + foundation combo I can pretty much conceal all the acne scarring. This is just for an emergency :P

I use YSL compact powder to set the foundation. It is an okay product. No complain. Still in search for a holy grail compact powder. I have use chanel, makeup forever, burberry, mac, some drugstore brands, and still in hunt for a better product. 

I love using Dior Bronzer and skip blush on the summer time. I pick this bronzer in shade 004 Spicy. It has a little bit red undertone that will be perfect for blush/bronzer.


I always love my Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base.. Every time I am putting mascara on, I have to have this base! So good! curled, lengthen, and makes my lashes stronger. 

I just bought the Giorgio Armani Mascara during Nordstrom anniversary sale (7/13/2012) as it is part of this set and I wanted to try the 'eyes to kill' line. Mascara is okay. It lengthen but does not do really good job on volumizing. 

On the other hand, Chanel Inimitable Mascara has been my staple mascara for years! This mascara do really good job in lengthening, separating, and pretty good at volumizing. I think the best mascara that I have tried are this chanel mascara and YSL Faux Cils Mascara (best for volumizing). 

Dont waste your money on Dior Heated Eyelash Curler !! Traditional eyelash curler will work better (shu uemura is my pick!)

Chanel Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil is really ideal for traveling. It is very convenient as it is double-ended with build-in spoolie.

Everyone please try Giorgio Armani Eyeliner at least once in your life. Its like the softest eyeliner yet very black and bold I have ever tried. The MAC is just a back up as I dont bring sharpener around with me.

Some tools that I used daily!

Make-up in my purse on the go


Lip products that I am currently using.
I hope you guys enjoy this! 
I know it is kind of long. Don't hesitate to comment below if you have any further questions about any of the products listed. I am not expert, everything is just by my own experience :D

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...