Sunday, August 19, 2012

Coconut Oil


OMG! this is like so addicting!

Some of the coconut oil benefits...

1. Skin Care: Wanna look like you just came back from an hour of yoga? Coconut oil works wonders as a moisturizer for all skin types, especially dry skin and aging skin, leaving you refreshed and looking wide-awake. No headstand required! The fat in the oil helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles without any irritation. Coconut oil can also help with skin problems like psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin conditions. In fact, the oil is frequently used in expensive skin care products.
2. Stress Relief: Long day at the office, kids won’t stop screaming and your dog left a little “present” on your vintage bedspread? Relieve mental fatigue by applying coconut oil to the head in a circular, massaging motion. The natural aroma of coconuts is extremely soothing thus helping to lower your stress level.
3. Digestion: The saturated fats in coconut oil have anti-bacterial properties that help control, parasites, and fungi that cause indigestion and other digestion related problems such as irritable bowel syndrome. The fat in coconut oil also aids in the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, making you healthier all around. 

4. Fitness: Coconut oil has been proven to stimulate your metabolism, improve thyroid function, and escalate energy levels, all of which help decrease your unwanted fat, while increasing muscle. Because of this, coconut oil has shot to popularity by being the world’s only natural low-calorie fat. Sign me up!
5. Healing: When applied on scrapes and cuts, coconut oil forms a thin, chemical layer which protects the wound from outside dust, bacteria and virus. Coconut oil speeds up the healing process of bruises by repairing damaged tissues. Plus, it smells a heck-of-a-lot better than anything from the pharmacy.
6. Hair Care: $20 hair conditioners? I don’t think so! Coconut oil is one of the most nutritious products you can put on your hair. Massage a bit of the oil onto your scalp and presto – no more dandruff. Since it provides the essential proteins required for nourishing damaged hair, it’s used in a ton of over-the-counter hair products anyway. Why not cut to the chase and skip all the unnecessary chemicals?
Source: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/6-healthy-uses-for-coconut-oil.html#ixzz2428gyYrk


After watching JulieG on youtube, my search for coconut oil began. I got the coconut oil at whole food market for $12.99 + tax. But I found a cheaper source at vitacost.com. 

I bought this to use it as a hair treatment. Turned out, Indian women have been using this trick forever! no wonder they can grow their hair really long and healthy. So, today morning my cuticles to be very dry, so I put some on my nails and hands. Surprisingly it is not oily at all it absorbs instantly to the skin. My hands feel really soft and smells really good! (reminds me a lot of Indonesian dessert -- I want to eat my hands).

Have you try coconut oil? What do you use it for? Do you like it? Please leave a comment below... I love to know more about this!


----- support me -----
like my facebook page and follow me on twitter @angeladesisca
----- thank you much -----

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...