Saturday, November 26, 2011

Body Image #1

Aaah... After maintaining and staying "skinny" for 4 years.. I came to realize that I gained so much weight!

I have always been a "fat" since born! In 2007, I was really really motivated to loose weight. I started at 72kg. From 2006-2007, I walk to school everyday. Each way is about 30 mins walk. So I walked 1 hour a day for 1 year when I was in college. Within 1 year I lost 10kg by just walking consistently and keep eating my normal (fatty american) meals.

So in summer 2007, I took a summer off and decided to spend all my 3 months vacation is asia, mainly in Jakarta and Singapore. When I was there I was really stressed to see how the asian woman look and that I cannot fit any clothes that they offer in the local store. With my mom helps, I went to a very strict diet where I cut all sugar (sweet drinks and cakes) and very very little amount of carbs. I drank 5 glass of juice of fruits and vegetables a day. Within those 3 months, I lost another may be 5kg.

When I came back to the States, I cannot consume any fatty food + big american food portion. I do not have a maid here who will prepare all the juices and steamed vegetables. So I was not really eating for like months. On dec 2007, I weighted myself, I weight 53kg. That's 20kg! That's the lowest weight I have  ever reached.

Soooo... I was so happy and I start to eat more and started eating all those fried food and yummy desert and starting to eat a bigger portion each meal. After 4 years, I realized that I gained all 13kg back. I freaked out and I signed up for 24 hour fitness right away.

So if anybody know tips and tricks to loose weight. Please do share it with me. I wish to update this blog every week to keep track of what I ate and what exercise I'll be doing in a week. I'll start cutting down fatty food, and start with a walk on a treadmill for 1-2hours hopefully at least 3x a week.

Wish me luck!
- Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...